Happy (almost) Christmas Day! I can’t believe I am actually typing these words. It feels like it was yesterday that we celebrated Christmas 2015. This year flew by in the blink of an eye!! Although Christmas is NOT about gifts, picking the perfect gift to go under the tree for your spouse or children is always a fun activity.
Unlike myself, my husband always, always surprises me with the BEST gifts. Majority of them are photography related because… well, as a photographer, there’s always something on your wish list. I love capturing the milestones in my clients’ lives, as well as my own. With two little ones around the house I know that I will cherish the little things I document on my camera every day. To be completely honest, I think I make Timmy’s job pretty easy since I talk about photography all.the.time!!
The other day he had an early Christmas present delivered to our door, a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8. My face just about fell off when I saw it!! This lens was supposed to be my biggest photography investment in the new year. I like joking, that since the note said this was my EARLY Christmas present, I cannot wait to see what he gets me for Christmas! Truth be told, I made him promise that he won’t get me anything else this year… or the next!!
Now, if you are a little behind with your Christmas shopping this year, here are a few things that your (photographer) spouse might enjoy!
- A STYLISH CAMERA STRAP– This was actually part of my Christmas gift last year. A stylish camera strapis perfect for long wedding days. Personally, I use my hands a lot to give directions on a wedding day, and I am a clean freak when it comes to my camera equipment. So I would never EVER put my camera on the ground if I needed to do something with my hands. A long strap is the perfect accessory when I don’t need to use my camera for a few minutes.
- FUJIFILM INSTAX MINI 8 INSTANT CAMERA – I’ve been wanting one of these little guys for a while now. I am a firm believer in printed products and when I first saw this cute little camera, I knew I needed one. This one is still on my wish list and I can’t wait to purchase it soon.
- CAMERA LENS COFFEE MUG – This beauty is a must for every photographer! Plus, this particular one resembles one of my favorite lenses ever. If your spouse loves coffee, I promise you s/he will love this travel mug
- MACRO FILTERS – I am not going to go into much detail about the macro filters here because I have a full post dedicated to how to use them and how to choose the perfect ones for your lens. To read more about the macro filters I use, click here. They are one of the best investments I have ever made!
- GoPro HERO4 – This is one of our latest investments and we cannot wait to start exploring it and using it to document our everyday life, family trips, and much more. Yes, it is not one of the cheapest gifts, but the investment is definitely worthwhile.
And there you have it, friends! These are my top 5 Christmas gift ideas for your loved ones who have an affection for photography. I hope this helps as you are doing your last minute Christmas shopping.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure. Thank you for supporting Alina Thomas Photography!